7 Days of creative explorations... Saturday 29th August through to Sunday 6th September 2020
A unique experience of studio, en plein air, abstract and landscape, painting, drawing and photography in Australia’s premier, mountain desertreserve, Arkaroola Wilderness Resort, northern Flinders Ranges, South Australia.
Arkaroola Wilderness Resort and the surrounding mountains, waterholes and gorges represent some of the most photogenic and ‘paintergenic’ landscapes to be found anywhere in Australia.
Join artists, teachers, mentors and cousins Peter Griffen, Denise Lithgow and Paul Macklin for an outstanding creative adventure in one of Australia’s premier mountain-desert, nature reserves.
This workshop will immerse you in...
• Spectacular, rugged mountain landscapes, broad desert vistas, intimate time-worn waterholes and soaring sunlit canyons.
• The perfect environment to develop, challenge or extend your ‘en plein air’ painting, drawing or photography skills.
• Creative simulation from three very different and capable artist-teachers and the company of like-minded artists and students.
• A journey of creative discovery.
Bookings and further information...
$3290 - Single Room
$2890 - Past participant and Twin Share
Your package includes...
• Full tuition from three highly experienced artist teachers.
• Day and evening workshops, tutorials and presentations.
• Full use of a large indoor studio.
• Single or twin share accommodation for eight nights at Greenwood Lodge - Arkaroola Wilderness Resort.
• All meals, breakfast, lunch and dinner.
• Daily four-wheel-drive transport to and from the resort to our painting sites with experienced and knowledgeable guides.
• Materials including acrylic paint, cartridge paper and brushes (please bring your own special painting materials, brushes, canvases, portable easel, etc)
Secure your place with a $500 deposit today, GST included. The balance invoice is sent out in July prior to the program running.
Excludes transport to and from Arkaroola Wilderness Resort - Optional bus from Adelaide - Arkaroola return approx $440.
Or this year, we are offering a really unique experience, drive to Leigh Creek, stay overnight on Friday night and we will organise for Arkaroola to come and pick you up from the airport on Saturday morning and fly you to the Ark. You won't need your car while you are at the Ark, as we have troopies that take you out to the sites every day. Return flight to the Ark from Leigh Creek is approx $250 per person, minimum of 2 is required. Let SAM know your interest and she can give you more information.
Participants are advised to take responsibility for their own travel insurance.
Ask us about special rates for non-painting partners.
Prices may be subject to change without notice.